FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing 24pA

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Reedy
Capturing 24pA
on Jun 3, 2010 at 7:11:21 pm

Hi,

I just read a similar thread to this, but my problem is not fixed the way the woman who posted before was able to fix.

Capturing 24pA stuff, and while i had the issue she had, which is some things capture 23.98 and some capture 29.97. i was able to solve this issue with going back and recapturing the clips in question batch. that solves the problem.

however, in my case, everything still has an issue of getting weird lines in some footage. some of this footage when checking the settings says that its lower dominance, some says none. in fact the bulk says none, and some say lower but i haven't figured out how to change this either way in my capture settings. additionally, everything i has has these lines quite prevelent when looking at reds. i know reds are supposed to cause wonkiness, but this is more than color issue, this looks like lines that happen when frame rates are wrong. if anyone has any ideas let me know. i'm tempted to know if as i read in her post, if its possible this stuff got bumped to 24p instead of pa, but i doubt it because there are two camera's and both people use them regularly, so i could see one maybe but not both...

any ideas would help, thanks so much

Austin Reedy
Freelance Post
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

Austin Reedy
Re: Capturing 24pA
on Jun 3, 2010 at 9:55:33 pm

some additional information:

I've been trying to read other posts on this topic to figure it out. I'm reading a lot that the camera changes the cadence when the TC changes/jumps. So the shoot was done set on time of day TC so that it would be easier to sync. there are also LOTS of stops in the play, which incidentally causes lots of jumps in TC. So I can see how periodically I would end up with clips that were 29.97 instead of 23.98. Now i'm wondering if even some of the clips that were 23.98 are screwy just because the camera stopped so often. If this is possible, and the only way to really get this to work is to capture batch, that doesn't really work because there are just so many stops...any ideas?

Austin Reedy
Freelance Post
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]