FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stuttering output 24fps EOS550D played back as H264 on WD TV Live

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Williams
Stuttering output 24fps EOS550D played back as H264 on WD TV Live
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:42:49 pm

Hope someone can advise me on the most appropriate workflow in Final Cut Pro to edit footage from a Canon EOS550D, shot a 1080p 24fps. I've converted to Apple ProRes and it looks silky smooth when editing. I have exported using Compressor to H264 quicktime with a data rate of 10MBs at the source fps. I notice though playing back the video on my WD TV Live (which only plays 1080p 24fps) that motion looks choppy and every couple of seconds it appears to freeze momentarily for a fraction of a second.
On the computer it doesnt look much better, still shows a noticeable freeze every second or so in motion (as if the video was buffering?).

I am sure the problem is in my workflow and rendering out my project smoothly at 24 fps. What should I be doing? Has anyone else successfully rendered out 24fps footage from a DSLR in Final Cut and then played it back on a media player at 1080p 24 fps?

Most appreciated your assistance everyone! I am pulling my hair out!

Simon

Return to posts index

Sean Keough
Re: Stuttering output 24fps EOS550D played back as H264 on WD TV Live
on Sep 10, 2010 at 4:05:49 pm

Simon,

Did you ever figure out what was causing the stuttering in FCP? I have been having the same problem but it did not occur until I moved the G% from one side of the room to the other for more optimal space usage. But it all blew up in my face when I could not edit any more. Stuttering has gotten so intense it is just not possible to get anything done. Have done much of the troubleshooting to no avail and am about to reload the software. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sean Keough

Return to posts index

Simon Williams
Re: Stuttering output 24fps EOS550D played back as H264 on WD TV Live
on Sep 10, 2010 at 5:26:47 pm

Hi Sean,

It seemed more to be playing back .mov files (H264) on the media player or macbook pro. I converted the video to mkv and it worked flawlessly on the media player (WD TV live). However just upgraded the firmware on my WD TV live and now MOV files play perfectly! I think its a mov issue with the bandwidth I was using. In FCP I ended up shooting in 24 fps or 30fps and then first converting using compressor to DV PRO HD format. That also helped the editing speed!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]