FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP sudden frame resizes on export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate McNeil
FCP sudden frame resizes on export
on Jun 3, 2010 at 1:51:47 pm

Hoping that someone out there in FCP land can help as usual.

I'm working with mostly Sony XDCAM footage shot on EX-3 and EX-1, with a couple shots from a Panasonic 900 thrown in.

When I playback my sequences they all look beautiful, however, when I export I get a bizarre sudden frame resize on 2 of my last shots.

The one is a green screen dolly out where the frame jump-downscales by about 5%, the other shot is a graphic Malayse title that Jump-upscales by about 5%.

As I said, the timeline looks fine, it seems to be just on the QT export that I'm getting this issue. I've trashed my render files, cleaned the render manager, deleted prefs, etc, etc. I'm getting towards witts end, so if anyone has any insight, muchly appreciated. Thanks,

-Nate

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
Re: FCP sudden frame resizes on export
on Jun 3, 2010 at 2:06:32 pm

So I've discovered that part of this problem is the new Quicktime player. I opened my .mov in Quicktime 7 and it played back fine. I checked it in several other media players with the same result, and did a test by rendering again through compressor.

Not sure what the guts of the problem was, but this seems to be a clue.

Return to posts index

Dennis Reibensteel
Re: FCP sudden frame resizes on export
on Jun 3, 2010 at 2:19:01 pm

Whenever I had funny looking QT Exports, something that often helped was:
When exporting (always same as source, self-contained QT) check the box to compress every frame.
That makes things a lot safer, and I never had any problems with quality.
And I work almost exclusive in HD video and 35mm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]