FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode in Quicktime and in Final Cut not matching up.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Norman
Timecode in Quicktime and in Final Cut not matching up.
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:48:02 pm

I'm importing a 45 minute video into Final Cut that I've captured using ScreenRecord 2. In the FCP browser it lists the video with a timecode of 39:52, meaning that somewhere between QT and FCP I've lost 5 minutes of my video.

I thought it might be a framerate issue, but both QT and FCP list the file as 30fps.

Is there some setting, or some conversion that I need to do in order to solve this?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Timecode in Quicktime and in Final Cut not matching up.
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:55:35 am

Is all of the video actually in the file? ie.e it's running shorter, or are the durations just being reported differently?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Steve Norman
Re: Timecode in Quicktime and in Final Cut not matching up.
on Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02:59 am

In FCP it's actually cutting off the end of the video file. Still can't figure it out, but I was able to create a workaround, albiet a wonky one. I found that I can get the entire file in FCP if I first import, then export it in iMovie. This makes me think that it's an issue with my capture settings in ScreenRecord 2.

They are:

Video:
Apple DV/DVCPRO - NTSC
30 fps
100% Quality

Audio:
44.100 khz 16 bit stereo

Is there an issue here? Or am I totally wrong and the issue is in my settings in FCP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]