FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Forcing Re Render When Outputting To Tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Fanjoy
FCP Forcing Re Render When Outputting To Tape
on Jun 2, 2010 at 3:53:14 am

My editor and I are having a hair-pulling issue.

Whenever we prep a timeline for output to tape, FCP forces a re render on the timeline at the moment of executing the start-record. Even though we have rendered the entire piece (30 minute shows or 1 minute spots) prior to, FC automatically redlines the timeline and starts the render from scratch before it will play back for tape output. So, we have to sit there sometimes for hours watching a render of what we've already rendered.

The only solution to date, has been to output a self-contained QT Movie and bring it back in to what we label as our "Broadcast Output Sequence".

Is this just the way it is, or are we missing something in a Preferences setting or something that is triggering this action?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Mark Fanjoy

Wherever I am...I'm lost!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Forcing Re Render When Outputting To Tape
on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:17:03 am

In the RT menu, is Video Scopes Playback checked? If so, uncheck it.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
on Jun 3, 2010 at 12:54:42 am

I remember there was an issue with FCP that caused this problem. It was caused when there were disabled clips in the timeline. I would just delete the disabled clips prior to exporting. Can't remember it happening since we went to FCP 7.

What version of FCP are you using?

SC

Return to posts index

Mark Fanjoy
on Jun 3, 2010 at 6:28:44 am

Hi, Sam. I'm using 6.06. Yes, we do disable sequence clips often. I am almost sure however, the last few spots had no disabled clips. Worth another look, though. Will test and respond with an update.

Shane, thanks for your tip. Waiting for my editor to confirm his setup. Will update on that one as well.

Fanjoy

Return to posts index

Mark Fanjoy
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:41:35 am

Sam, your memory is still in tact. We tested the disabled sequence clips and PRESTO, the output to tape starts up with no forced re render.

You just saved us HOURS (and me lots of money!) of frustrating time watching my projects re render.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your support on this site. You guys are always so helpful and generous with your time!

Fanjoy

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:05:43 am

Hello Mark - Glad that I could help out with that one as I too had a hard time with it.

I had a TV series I had to re-version a while ago. A lot of the segments were only on completed 'master tapes' but part of the deliverables was to provide accurate EDL's of the shows.
Seeing as there were large slabs of mastered material I obtained the original EDL's.
After finishing each episode I imported the EDL's as 'off line clips' for the segments and placed them on V1 of the timeline as 'disabled' underneath the actual media. This then allowed me to generate an accurate EDL to include the original segments.

But on export to tape these 'disabled' clips were giving me the problem you spoke of.
As I needed to keep these disabled clips in place I just duplicated the sequence and deleted all disabled/off line clips and used this sequence to export to tape. After the export was done I just deleted that sequence.

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]