FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclips Too Long?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Long
Multiclips Too Long?
on Jun 1, 2010 at 11:36:41 pm

What in the world is FCP doing? It doesn't seem to matter what format I'm working in, or whether I'm syncing by in points or timecode, sometimes FCP creates multiclips that are significantly longer than the length of the clips being synced. What is going on????

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Multiclips Too Long?
on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:04:08 am

That is pretty vague. Are clips going out of sync? Is FCP adding black at the end? is this to all the clips, one of the clips, be more descriptive.

Return to posts index

Kevin Long
on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:23:09 am

Clips are not going out of sync. FCP is just adding lots of black to the multiclip.

editorkevin.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:58:49 am

up to the longest clip, like if one clip is 30 minutes and the others are 29, it will add 1 minute of black to the rest, although it is really not adding anything. Or is there extra time after the longest clip.

It there any way you can be very specific to what is happening.

Return to posts index

Kevin Long
on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:43:24 am

It adds black after the longest clip. So there's a lot of extra time where there shouldn't be.

I don't know how to be more specific, as this happens repeatedly with different projects, different methods of multiclipping, etc. It's just something I've noticed happens a lot and it's really frustrating.

Kevin Long
editorkevin.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Kahn
on Aug 29, 2010 at 10:47:21 pm

I get this too (ver 6.0.6 on OS 10.4.11) -- video and audio on all clips are done by 11:28:26:02, yet the multiclip carries on in blackness until 11:32:28:08 -- that's a length of 4:02:07, the rest is 2:04:21, so almost double the length of the legitimate sources is being wasted on blackness.

Return to posts index

Patrice Shannon
on Apr 24, 2011 at 4:02:26 am

I'd like to make subclips of multiclips, but whenever I try, I end up with a subsequence. Is it possible to make subclips from huge long multiclips using the keyboard or pull down menu. If so, I can't find it.

Thank you,
Patrice Shannon

Return to posts index

Allan Hughes
on Aug 3, 2011 at 5:30:49 pm

I get this too sometimes.

For me the problem was audio. 3/5 cameras used 4 audio tracks, and 2/5 cameras used 8 audio tracks.
When I group clip them all, there is an "L" split, for audio and video in the viewer.
I don't know why, but it's adding a boat load of black at the end of all my multiclips. When I multiclip just the cameras with 4 audio tracks, it works as it should.

Something about 4 and 8 audio tracks is what's buggering me up, and I don't know how to fix it right yet. I'm just throwing it on the timeline, and trimming there.

Hope that helps a bit.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Borba
on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:03:05 pm

This is the only thread i've found about this problem, and I'm searching it cause i'm having the exact same problem right now.
The multiclips are perfectly in sync, but after the longest clip ends, there's a huge black that keeps playing for 32 minutes. The footage itself is 53 seconds long.
It happens sometimes, without notice. Sometimes the multiclip works fine, without the extra black, but sometimes FCP7 just feels like doing it for the fun of it. No idea why.
Since this thread was last replied did anyone come up with:

- why it happens?
- how do I "delete" the black portion so the multiclip ends when the footage ends? (maybe i have to re-make the multiclip?)
- how do i prevent it from happening again?

Thanks,
Gabriel Borba

Return to posts index

Gabriel Borba
on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:26:42 pm

Oh!
And also, when it happens, the viewer's timeline (not the timeline window, the small timeline that belongs to the viewer window) is not plain white as usual, it has many vertical lines all along, like the ones that appear in the timeline (this time the actual timeline window) when you change Segment Speed.
The multiclip works fine really, but it's more difficult to work with it since the footage itself occupies 10% of the viewer's timeline space, and the rest is just that stupid blank.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]