FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having trouble making a transition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Carter
Having trouble making a transition
on May 29, 2010 at 4:19:38 pm

Here is what I am trying to achieve:

I would like the ending of my video to burn away from the center to reveal my logo underneath. It would look like a match being lit under the center of a sheet of paper and the paper would burn in a somewhat circular fashion out to the edges.

I have a .mov file from riot gear called ink bleed. The file is in black and white format with the file starting off black and bleeding from the center to white. I have tweaked the colors to make the white look orange/red as if it were burning. I can put the ink bleed on V2 and the logo on V1 with the white area being keyed out to reveal the logo underneath. My issue is that I cannot figure out a way for my initial video to burn away. I somehow need to make my video only play on the black part of the ink bleed file and I cannot figure out how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: Having trouble making a transition
on May 29, 2010 at 5:10:32 pm

i think you may find the answer in this tutorial...

http://blogs.creativecow.net/blog/2572/fcp-tip-009-the-gradient-wipe-demyst...

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

Brandon Carter
Re: Having trouble making a transition
on May 29, 2010 at 5:31:44 pm

I appreciate the help, but I'm trying to use a black and white video to transition with not a still image.

However, I did finally get it to work after doing some googling. If anyone wants the solution that worked for me here it is:
I put the starting video on V3, put my ink bleed video on V2, and my logo on V1. Click on the video then go to Modify -> Composite -> Travel Matte - Alpha. I then keyed the white (center area) of my ink bleed out and it worked. My video is now playing on the black area of the ink bleed and my white area is keyed out to reveal the logo underneath. To add the orange/red burn to the effect, I took the same ink bleed and placed it on V4 exactly on top of the other ink bleed. I then keyed out the black with a 32 level tolerance, color corrected the white to appear orange and then keyed out the white with a 43 tolerance. It ends up showing the edges of the bleed as an orange red color and the outer black area and inner white area are transparent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]