FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager creates new project with Media Offline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason O'Hara
Media Manager creates new project with Media Offline?
on May 29, 2010 at 3:08:50 am

I've been working on a long format doc for months and am about to start re-cutting a short version and want to streamline my workflow: ie. start working with a smaller project file and clear all the unused footage to an external drive.

By using the media manager to back-up the one hour sequence - I have created a neat 17MB project file with 165 GB of source content (Master Clips) - (including master clips outside selection). My intent is to move forward with this Project file, and leave behind (move to external drive) the much larger 135MB project file from which I created this new project with Media Manager + 700 GB folder of source content.

Everything appears to be OK on the timeline in the new project file, however, three of my clips - all livetyoe .ipr files are appearing as "Media Offline" in the browser. Strangely, they appear normally on the timeline, and sure enough the files are inside the "Master Clips" folder? I've tried to simply re-establish the link to the files by using "re-connect media" to no avail - they continue to appear as offline in the browser with the red strike-through?

I'm tempted to simply ignore and move forward - as on the timeline all is normal - however I don't want to move forward with a corrupted project file that will cause problems for me later? I've read that the Media Manager can be flakey - so am interested in hearing other opinions about my decision to start a fresh project file as I have done, am I asking for trouble? Any insight is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Media Manager creates new project with Media Offline?
on May 29, 2010 at 1:36:44 pm

Try reimporting the ipr file directly to the browser. If it's OK and UNRENDERED in the sequnce, you could just copy it from there to the browser. It's possible however that you're looking at a render file of that ipr... so be sure you're not.

Other than that, you sound to me like you're ready to go. Doesn't sound like a corrupted project file to me.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]