FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export IMX50 file from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
Export IMX50 file from FCP
on May 27, 2010 at 8:29:14 am

I need to output my finished sequence as an IMX50 file. When I do this using the Export-Quicktime Movie route, multiple files are created. One is fine with both audio and video OK. The other files do not even open and are all roughly 2GB each. I see that I can create an IMX file also going the Export - Quicktime conversion route. Am I losing quality doing this? Basically, what is the difference between Quicktime Movie and Quicktime Conversion? My timeline is 10 bit uncompressed PAL.
Thanks

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Export IMX50 file from FCP
on May 27, 2010 at 6:57:14 pm

Do you need a .mov or an MXF?

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on May 27, 2010 at 7:25:49 pm

My final file should be a IMX50 in MXF wrapper. hat's the format we've established for our organization archive. To accomplish this I use MXF4mac GC export plugin but can't afford to install it on our 4 FCP stations. So the other editors need to get a file of their finished jobs to the FCP station that has the export plug-in. After consulting MXF4mac they suggest a Quicktime movie output in the same codec as the sequence and then take that file over to the computer that can export for our central archive. It's an added step but will have to do for now. And saves $500 per station.

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 28, 2010 at 1:57:06 am

Looks like you got it sorted. I was going to recommend the very plug in.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on May 28, 2010 at 4:40:34 am

Thanks Jeremy. It is an excellent product (along with the import plug-in). And the engineers there are very helpful. All the best

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]