FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preventing the Playhead from stopping play

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tucker Quenette
Preventing the Playhead from stopping play
on May 26, 2010 at 3:58:51 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to prevent the playhead from stopping when I do things like turn off an audio track, click on something or zoom in and out.

Basically I have to click on play many times to try out different things and was wondering if there is a setting or a feature I am not aware of that will keep the playhead playing until I tell it to stop.

(on an older version of fcp- 4.5)

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Preventing the Playhead from stopping play
on May 26, 2010 at 6:55:11 pm

I don't think so. It's just one of those FCP "things."

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: Preventing the Playhead from stopping play
on May 27, 2010 at 2:41:03 pm

Hi Tucker,

I've noticed that many keyboard shortcuts won't stop the playhead, for example: zoom in/out/all, mark clip, select all, etc.

FCP seems to stop the playhead for any mouse click, and for certain other keyboard shortcuts (toggle autoselect, for example). This is true at least in the version I'm running, 6.0.6 ... I can't recall if the behaviour is different for 4.5

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]