FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't drag and drop anything.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jojo Castor
Can't drag and drop anything.
on May 25, 2010 at 2:40:02 pm

Hi,
I just got final cut (express to start) and it's my first day.
I'm reading the manual and watching videos since this morning.
Ok this morning I was trying to grab a transition from the browser to bring it into the timeline but nothing happened. Now I'm simply trying to drag a clip into a bin and nothing happens.
Apparently I can't just drag and drop.
Could you please tell me why if you know?
Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Can't drag and drop anything.
on May 25, 2010 at 4:05:43 pm

Can you drag & drop in the Finder?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Alex Federman
on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:46:04 am

Hi, I'm kind of having the same problem (in Final Cut Pro though).
I can't drag clips or effects/transitions from the browser panel for some reason. I can double click them to open them in the viewer, and then drag from the viewer to the timeline, but when I try to drag them somewhere, they don't move. I can drag and drop in the finder. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Spears
on Sep 5, 2010 at 12:08:07 pm

I had the same problem yesterday. The only way I could add an effect to a clip in the timeline was to click on the clip and then go to the drop down effects menu (as opposed to finding the effect in the effects pane/bin and dragging it over). But today, the problem has fixed itself.

Now I have a new mystery problem: I can't click on a transition! I put 2 clips together in the timeline & normally I can click at the point where they touch and then choose a transition, like cross-dissolve. But today, even after re-starting FCP, nothing happens when I try to click at the transition point. I've been using Final Cut Pro for over a decade and this has never happened before.

FCP:6.0.6
System: Late 2009 Power Mac, 2 X 2.26 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon, 12 GB memory

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]