FORUMS: list search recent posts

log & Transfer from Sony NX5 into FC7 problem.. baffled!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Rose
log & Transfer from Sony NX5 into FC7 problem.. baffled!
on May 23, 2010 at 10:57:45 am

Hi everyone
Something really strange has happened and I would love a helping hand...

I've just bought a Sony NX5 and already shot a music video & some of the observational scenes on a documentary I am making. All seemed to be going fine - and the footage was transferring very smoothly into FC7 by just plugging the camera straight into my G5 with the USB cable... FC7 recognised the clips immediately and I was praising the wonders of tapeless workflow.

until yesterday. I now have a couple of hours of footage that I can watch on the camera in playback, but which FC7 won't recognise. I connect up my camera to the computer, see the icon appear on the desktop, open up the FCP project, then the log&transfer window, and the clips just won't come up. When I select the file path, it says that the folders with the clips in them have an unvalid file structure...

Now, between the time I shot the other material (that FCP was happy to transfer) and this time, I didn't change *a thing*. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it would suddenly be unable to read the files...

As a test, I just switched memory cards & shot a tiny bit on the other one (I have 2 x 32Gb cards), then plugged the camera into the computer straight away & this new clip is instantly recognised..

I need the footage off the memory stick! I can watch it fine on the camera but nowhere else...

Anyone have a clue, or any advice?
Thanks!

=

Amy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: log & Transfer from Sony NX5 into FC7 problem.. baffled!
on May 23, 2010 at 3:24:41 pm

Sony's implimentation of the AVCHD codec is different than others. And it is very new so FCP support for it is behind. I have issues importing footage over 20 min

but I use Clipwrap and it works great. Get the latest version.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Amy Rose
on May 26, 2010 at 2:14:51 pm

hi shane
thanks v much!

i had a go at downloading the clipwrap file before spending $50... but it seems to mildly corrupt the files - the audio is fine, but the video is jerky & slow. I was filming at a normal shutter speed of 50 so am baffled as to why it would look like this - it doesn't look like this when playing back on the camera.

is there anything else that can be done? the footage is definitely there, it's just stuck on the memory card...

A

Return to posts index

Amy Rose
on May 26, 2010 at 2:46:55 pm

PS... just noticed i made a mistake in the post - i meant "i had a go at downloading the trial of the clipwrap program... where it wraps the first minute of your clip

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 26, 2010 at 3:16:59 pm

Contact the Clipwrap guy. He's very personable and will help you out.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]