FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Studio 3 Compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Wescott
FCP Studio 3 Compressor
on May 23, 2010 at 1:47:44 am

I'm transcoding about 50 hours of footage into ProRes (proxy and HQ) on my i920 quad core w/ 12gig ram.

When I fire up Compressor and create a dozen or so batches it just processes them one at a time... The cpu idles about 75% of the time and only uses about a gig of ram. Talk about wasted resources...

Anyway, I've sorta found a trick around it by pausing a batch and letting it start another I can resume the first batch and have it process more than one at at time.

What is the actual correct method (if any) to get compressor to perform multiple batches at the same time? My little trick doesn't always work and sometimes it goes back to processing just a single batch after one completes.

The manual doesn't seem to mention anything specific about parallel processing and only mentioned the distributed rendering over the network which is not something I want as it would all be local rendering..

Thanks
Eric

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: FCP Studio 3 Compressor
on May 23, 2010 at 3:54:16 am

Set up a cluster and and that will kick in all the cores on that system and should get them working full bore. It will only do one at a time but your system will be working a lot harder.

I know it is not the answer you are looking for but I hope it speeds things up for you.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP Studio 3 Compressor
on May 23, 2010 at 4:04:16 am

Google "compressor Virtual Cluster"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]