FORUMS: list search recent posts

Behringer BCF2000

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Behringer BCF2000
on May 21, 2010 at 2:52:31 am

Is anybody out there using a Behringer BCF2000 Midi/USB Audio controller with FCP7 and Snow Leopard?
Any problems I should know about? Do yo recommend it?
Thanks
Don Walker

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: Behringer BCF2000
on May 22, 2010 at 6:25:32 am

We have 4 of these units on FCP and they really do make audio work easier. We have used them since FCP 6 and now we are FCP 7.

The only problem is that the motorized faders are a little noisy when there are 'snap' audio events.

SC

Return to posts index

Jon Essex
on Dec 13, 2010 at 7:18:23 pm

Hi,

Really interested in you using the BCF2000 on your FCP suites. I have one and can't work out what mode I need it in to work properly! Which buttons did you hold down on the BCF2000 on start up? Are the faders smooth or very jumpy on slow fades?

Thanks for any info.

Jon

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
on Dec 14, 2010 at 12:25:51 am

[Jon Essex] " I have one and can't work out what mode I need it in to work properly! "

Set it as Mackie

[Jon Essex] " Which buttons did you hold down on the BCF2000 on start up?"

Its in the manual and you only have to do it once.

[Jon Essex] "Are the faders smooth or very jumpy on slow fades?"

Not entirely smooth but that shouldn't be a problem. Its when a clip finishes it SLAMS the faders shut and can be quite annoying.
By setting the 'preset' button to unused tracks when previewing alleviates this annoyance.

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Jon Essex
on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:42:16 pm

Sam,

Thanks for your reply. OK it's working now. Thanks, button four on start up. Would you mind having a look at this youtube clip I have just posted to see if your faders are any smoother on playback in FCP.

Thanks,

Jon Essex

Return to posts index

Jon Essex
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:22:33 pm

Thanks,

Not entirely smooth but that shouldn't be a problem. Its when a clip finishes it SLAMS the faders shut and can be quite annoying.
By setting the 'preset' button to unused tracks when previewing alleviates this annoyance.

Not to sure if they should be as jerky as my mixer. If anyone could look at the youtube clip I've posted please to help me out that would be great. See my previous post!

Also Sam, not too sure what you mean when you say, "By setting the 'preset' button to unused tracks when previewing alleviates this annoyance"

Please could you explain how to do this?

Thanks again, great forum!!

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]