FORUMS: list search recent posts

movie file cannot be found..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ursula Sedunko
movie file cannot be found..
on May 19, 2010 at 9:38:12 pm

fcp can't be executed properly because it cannot find a movie file. but: i can't remember deleting any.. is there another possibility or am i deleting movie files while sleepwalking?

thank you very much, us

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: movie file cannot be found..
on May 19, 2010 at 10:25:53 pm

Use the spotlight feature in the Find to try locating the file. If you can't find it yourself, then FCP sure won't be able to.

Then, fix permissions on your system drive using Apple Disk Utility. It's possible that the file became corrupted or that it's permissions got corrupted, and that may fix the problem.

Of course, you might have inadvertently deleted it by mistake, but that's probably not the case.

Also, try trashing preferences too if all else fails.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 20, 2010 at 2:09:35 am

Sounds like you imported a reference movie and something got deleted (like a render file).

Return to posts index

Steven Gonzales
on May 20, 2010 at 5:53:55 pm

Could this be a Fat 32 format drive, and a 2 gB size limit issue? Sometimes the quicktime files will play off the Fat 32 drive, but when copied they are missing an auxiliary file, and report "no video" or something when imported to FCP.

Return to posts index

Ursula Sedunko
on May 20, 2010 at 7:48:37 am

I got WLAN here and store completed projects there. there was a problem with the raid, because windows and mac-users were accessing it and it doesn't like that very much. some files got mixed up.

file is gone, i had to do it again.

anyways thanks a lot for your help, i'm quite surprised that this forum works so well.

cheers, uschi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]