FORUMS: list search recent posts

uploading final cut pro quicktime commercial without losing generations

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
colin resch
uploading final cut pro quicktime commercial without losing generations
on May 19, 2010 at 8:07:19 pm

I recently edited a 30 second commercial in final cut pro. I exported it as a quicktime with dimensions 720x480. Codecs DV/DVCPRO-NTSC. The quality is perfect upon viewing on my IMAC but when I uploaded it sendspace and opened that link, the video quality took a major hit. Looked as though it had lost 20 generations. Is there a way to export out of final cut in the highest quality and then upload it to a site without losing quality?

CResch

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
Re: uploading final cut pro quicktime commercial without losing generations
on May 20, 2010 at 5:20:53 pm

Are you trying to view it over the web? or did you download it and there was a deterioration from uploading and then downloading?
If up/down there's an issue it's something they are doing
if trying to view over the web DV/DVCpro NTSC is to high a data rate to be played over the web and will look hammered as the player tries to compensate for incomplete data

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

colin resch
Re: uploading final cut pro quicktime commercial without losing generations
on May 20, 2010 at 5:31:17 pm

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, it isn't for the web. This is a 30 second commercial currently airing on the versus network. I uploaded it to comcast spotlight. Also, as a test I uploaded it to sendspace and sent it to myself. In both instances, a massive loss in quality.

CResch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]