FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert from HD to NTSC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Olsson
Convert from HD to NTSC
on May 19, 2010 at 7:56:47 pm

Ok. I think now all the different possibillities in compressor trying to convert from

Vid Rate
25 fps

Compressor
HDV1080i50

Pixel Aspect:
HD (1440x1080)

Audio format
16-bit integer

Audio Rate
48 Khz //

to:

for burning it on DVD but the quality is NO good. Its getting murry and with pixels and my subtiles text is also murry and not good quality at all!

and the file I tested with, the one with the settings above are (just a small one for trying, maybe 7 seconds long) are about 70 mb and the ones Im converting to are around 10 so guess thats explains a bit of the quality??

are there NO way just decreasing the size of the footage in Final Cut and change it also to 24fps without loosing all the good quality it was from the beginning.

Im thinking of sending it to filmfestivals in America but with the quality it is after its converted I doubt that anyone want to screen it.

I also tried whith these programs:(using MAC)

but with similliar result. not good at all!

Is it possible to do the following way with hardware:

any other solution?

Im starting to get desperate (and tired of this thing)

thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Convert from HD to NTSC
on May 19, 2010 at 8:44:06 pm

You just trying to make a DVD of the HD stuff? Don't downconvert first. Straight encode from your HD source. Doing anything else adds a layer of compression...

#42 - Quick and dirty way to author a DVD

Shane's Stock Answer #42 - David Roth Weiss' Secret Quick and Dirty Way to Author a DVD:

The absolute simplest way to make a DVD using FCP and DVDSP is as follows:

1. Export a QT movie, either a reference file or self contained using current settings.

2. Open DVDSP, select the "graphical" tab and you will see two little monitors, one blue, one green.

3. Select the left blue one and hit delete.

4. Now, select the green one, right click on it amd select the top option "first play".

5. Now drag your QT from the broswer and drop it on top of the green monitor.

6. Now, for a DVD from an HD source, look to the right side and select the "general tab" in the track editor, and see the Display Mode, and select "16:9 pan-scan."

7. Hit the little black and yellow burn icon at the top of the page and put a a DVD in when prompted. DVDSP will encode and burn your new DVD.

THATS ALL!!!

NOW...if you want a GOOD LOOKING DVD, instead of taking your REF movie into DVD SP, instead take it into Compressor and choose the BEST QUALITY ENCODE (2 pass VBR) that matches your show timing. Then take THAT result into DVD SP and follow the rest of the steps. Except you can choose "16:9 LETTERBOX" instead of PAN & SCAN if you want to see the entire image.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Per Olsson
on May 19, 2010 at 8:50:46 pm

thanks

but how do I make this DVD in NTSC? with

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 19, 2010 at 8:53:40 pm

NTSC is 29.97. If your footage is 29.97, it will make a 29.97 DVD. If it is 23.98, then DVD SP will make a 23.98 DVD. And the DVD Players/TV will add the pulldown.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Per Olsson
on May 19, 2010 at 9:19:21 pm

Mine is at the moment in PAL (i guess) with fps 25.

how do I convert it?

and another thing. how is it with the NTSC format. does it matter if I make it in 29.97 or in 23.98?

is it anyone to prefer for best quality or is it jus to different fps in the same format so to say?

Return to posts index

Per Olsson
on May 19, 2010 at 9:54:31 pm

Mine is at the moment in PAL (i guess) with fps 25.

how do I convert it?

and another thing. how is it with the NTSC format. does it matter if I make it in 29.97 or in 23.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]