FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't create a QT movie master to use for streaming

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Step
can't create a QT movie master to use for streaming
on May 18, 2010 at 7:48:54 pm

I do a weekly show that gets posted on the web for on-demand streaming from my QTSS. Normally I edit the show, make a self-contained QT movie with current settings (DV50), then use that as a master in Compressor to create a streaming version. This week's show master did not work and failed on 3 different systems Compressors. I re-made the QT master and tried again, with same results. I made a new sequence, copied the edit, and remade the QT master again, which also failed. I rebooted, made a new project, new sequence, copied the edit, and made another QT master (v4). This also failed. trashed prefs in Compressor and FCP, and did the run again, and it failed again. I can make streamfiles from previous QT masters, so FCP works correctly and Compressor can make files so it too is working correctly. The QT masters play fine in QTPlayer and import and play fine in FCP.

So the question is: how do I make a new master to create the streamfiles from?

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
Re: can't create a QT movie master to use for streaming
on May 18, 2010 at 8:51:05 pm

That certainly sounds weird Tom, just a thought though, why do you make a QT master in the first place? Why not just create a stream file direct by just sending the rendered sequence to compressor?

aka Newbie Wan Kenewbie. "The young Newbie, is now a Padawon."

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index