FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining media for two projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
antonio scarpitta
Combining media for two projects
on May 17, 2010 at 5:24:03 pm

Hello all,

We are working on FCP6. I have a project that was not logged right, we have around 40 hours of interviews and b-roll but there are no comments, or any pertinent information for any of the clips. So I have an assistant working remotely watching the interviews and doing the logging while I work on some cuts. I am going through some of the same interviews myself, kind of fast so I can make some preliminary cuts.

We both have the same media in our projects. She is now sending me interviews with all the markers and comments for each clip. They are the same clips I have in my project but now they all have the right markers and comments to them.

I try just opening both projects into one and then move her clips to mine, I get a box telling me:
"A master clip already exists for the clip you are adding, etc."

For the existing master clip in this project, use properties from:

1. the clip you are adding
2. The existing clip in this project
or
3. Create a new master clip and any necessary affiliates using properties from the clip you are adding

Each one of this options does not replace the existing clip with the markers from the incoming clip, all they do is copy the new clip to my project, leaving the old one intact.

My question is what is the best way to combine what she's sending me with the project I am working on?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Combining media for two projects
on May 17, 2010 at 6:39:23 pm

Make a third, new project and combine your clips with her clips.

Or

Delete your old clips out your project before bringing in her new clips.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]