FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC 7.0 Audio Sync Drama

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Johnston
FC 7.0 Audio Sync Drama
on May 17, 2010 at 1:15:02 pm

I'm having some decent problems with audio sync drift over a few minutes. By about 4 minutes the sync is off about 2 frames and no longer matches properly, by 7 minutes it is way off.

Audio was recorded with a FR2-LE in BWF 48KHZ/16

Video was on a 5D and 7D both recording 24FPS (23.98)

Sequence settings in final cut are 23.98 FPS, 1920x1080, ProRes 4444 which matches my imported clips.

I don't quite get why it is drifting when everything seems to match up.

I tried converting the BWF files to MOV using Sebsky tools, but that yields the same result.

I have done 8 minute clips before using the FR2-LE and my 7D exact same settings with no issues so I think it has to be sequence settings or something, but I cannot seem to find any difference from my previous projects. Only thing is I have upgraded to Final Cut 7.0 since then. I brought all my clips into Final Cut using the Canon tool which compresses to Prores 4444. I have tried compressing a clip in Mpegstreamclip into Prores LT which is the way I did things in Final Cut 6.0 and the audio is still out of sync.

I have also tried converting my BWF's to AIFFs using Sebsky tools. No dice.

I have tried messing with sequence and easy setup settings and everything seems to be fine. 48khz Audio, 23.98 frame rate. I don't get it.

For kicks, I dropped one of the clips, and it's separate BWF audio file into Premiere CS5, which I have the trial of here. I dropped them onto a DVDproHD timeline and it synced up great, no drift over the duration of the clip. That tells me it has to be a Final Cut issue somewhere but I cannot find it.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Matt Johnston
Re: FC 7.0 Audio Sync Drama
on May 17, 2010 at 4:05:03 pm

Ok, an update for those that may have the same issue.

I dropped my BWF files from the fostex into Soundtrack Pro and exported them as AIFFs. Same settings 48KHZ/16

Re-imported into FCP and it syncs fine now. WTF. Anyone know why that is? I really dont want to have to re-export every audio clip from Soundtrack pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]