FORUMS: list search recent posts

Close Gap Function

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal Klaeser
Close Gap Function
on May 17, 2010 at 10:41:02 am

I just upgraded to FCP 7 and have been experiencing a strange problem with the close gap function. I normally highlight the area to close and right click and select close gap. With this version the close gap option is listed but is greyed out. Is there a preference for this function?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Close Gap Function
on May 17, 2010 at 12:09:44 pm

The close gap behavior is the same in FCP 6 and 7. You must have something in the way on some track in the gap which is stopping the system from closing the gap.

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Neal Klaeser
on May 17, 2010 at 12:19:40 pm

I will check. But, when I went to "sequence" and clicked on close gap in the drop down menu the gap closed. I also used the Control G function to perform the same function. I know there are many ways of doing things but I like using the right click function.

Return to posts index

Tony Young
on May 17, 2010 at 3:14:06 pm

Some folks have noticed a bug since the 7.02 update, which could be the problem:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1080723

Return to posts index

Neal Klaeser
on May 17, 2010 at 3:59:52 pm

Thank you. I do this function at work probably 100 times a day, running FCP 6. I go home and do the same function and it doesn't work, running FCP 7. Thought I was going crazy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]