FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to format my external drives for FCP and still use for PC sometimes?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Vacek
How to format my external drives for FCP and still use for PC sometimes?
on May 17, 2010 at 1:34:51 am

Hi everybody....I'm a newbie- just getting ready to start my first real FCP project and don't know the best way to format my external drives to work best with FCP and also sometimes use with a PC.

I have two drives: 1) Seagate 1TB 7200rpm USB/Firewire/eSata currently formatted NTFS ....and.... 2) a WD 750GB drive- dont know the speed offhand, currently formatted FAT32

My primary use will be FCP but I really need to be able to store files to be accessible by both Windows OSX and also PC....help!

I've done some searching online but am very unclear about how best to format them, so thought I would just ask the forum....would very much appreciate a response....thanks so much!

scott

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: How to format my external drives for FCP and still use for PC sometimes?
on May 17, 2010 at 2:03:14 am

This exact question was asked three days ago. Searching the forum can often save on duplicate questions that have already been comprehensively answered.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1086455#1086455

I concur with the idea of formatting Mac extended and using MacDrive on the Windows machine. That is how all my drives are setup.

I also have all my computers networked so file transferring over the network is possible for Linux, Windows and Mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]