FORUMS: list search recent posts

camera not syncing with FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Courtney Olender
camera not syncing with FCP
on May 16, 2010 at 8:28:48 pm

I have a Sony Handycam HDR-SR11 Camcorder
and I'm trying to transfer footage into final cut pro.

I have watched countless videos online on how to log and transfer. The problem is in all of these videos the camera automatically syncs with final cut... my camera will not do this.

any suggestions?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: camera not syncing with FCP
on May 16, 2010 at 10:46:01 pm

I don't know that camera, but many require a menu setting to enable Firewire or USB or, perhaps, go into VCR mode. Just a thought.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 17, 2010 at 1:04:29 am

How are you connecting the camera to your Mac? Can you see the cameras files in a folder in the finder? Not sure what you mean by syncing? Are you trying to control the device like a VTR or transfer files off?

If you mean VTR control is not an automatic process but requires both FCP to be set to the correct Easy Setup and the camera also to have the correct menu settings.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 17, 2010 at 1:13:53 am

Just had a look at the camera specs online and it says mpeg2 as the record format. If that means it is mts or an mpeg2 tranaport stream, then yo8u may need software other than log & transfer which is designed to import AVCHD and XDCam.

First things first, though, can you see the camera and files in finder and if so what does getting info tell you about the files.

If it is .mts then try a forum search as converting these files has been covered here many times.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on May 17, 2010 at 6:29:00 am

What version of FCP are you using?

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Joseph Holder
on May 18, 2010 at 3:10:42 am

well, I know that when I tried to export with my camera, it wouldn't show any thing.. so I looked some stuff up and found out you have to turn your airport off for some odd reason... but try this and let me know

Return to posts index

Courtney Olender
on May 18, 2010 at 5:03:40 pm

hmmm... I'll keep that in mind for the future but no luck with it this time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]