FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loading AVCHD to FCP 6.04

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Belanger
Loading AVCHD to FCP 6.04
on May 16, 2010 at 3:43:57 am

In about 80% of the times I load from my compact Vixia HFS 100 camcorder I have the log and transfer do the beach ball and crash FCP.
Is there a more reliable way of getting this material into FCP
Currently using 6.04 and not using Snowy OS.

Intel dual quad 3 ghz mac pro

How hard can this be???

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Loading AVCHD to FCP 6.04
on May 16, 2010 at 2:04:11 pm

Try copying the files from the camera to a hard drive first.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Michael Belanger
on May 16, 2010 at 3:36:48 pm

Thanks DID try and move entire disk to a hard drive but whenever I engage the L&T it beach balls.
Also tried in iMovie but no love... Strangley it has worked with certain disks but seems to work only ONCE. The next time I put in the disk it beach balls. Of course never an issue with any other tapeless format I use... guess those are just more professional SxS and XDCAM HD and P2 never an issue/

Is there an outboard transcoder that can make the files Pro Rez just like FCP??

Mike B

Dandelion Picture and Sound'
dandelionediting.com

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on May 16, 2010 at 8:27:35 pm

My guts say your problem lies in a unclean installation...

But try trashing preference files for FCP before you do anything more drastic. This isn't a bug you're experiencing, or we'd all know about it.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Michael Belanger
on May 16, 2010 at 9:10:37 pm

Did the trash of prefs before no luck...
Not sure about a clean install on OS but FCP might not be. I can try on my laptop which only has FCP and original os with a few updates. Very hard to believe that this is the result of installs done but a couple years ago.

mike b

Return to posts index

Joseph Holder
on May 16, 2010 at 3:22:11 pm

there was a problem with log and transfer that makes it crash, and it was that you had to turn airport off, and it worked fine, so try that

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on May 16, 2010 at 10:43:31 pm

Checkout ClipWrap. You might also run DiskWarrior. If your directory is corrupt that could affect L&T's ability to find the data, thereby, causing the crash.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]