FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Image Squeezed After Going Through Compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hillary White
DVD Image Squeezed After Going Through Compressor
on May 15, 2010 at 6:28:50 pm

Hey, upon exporting a 720 x 304 file through Compressor, the DVD image is slightly stretched. This didn't surprise me, but I've found that I can't change the frame size in the Inspector window. It's locked for some reason. Is there any way I can export the file without having it sized up or down? Should I use cropping or padding?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Image Squeezed After Going Through Compressor
on May 15, 2010 at 8:19:37 pm

[Hillary White] "720 x 304"

Why are you doing that, a DVD is 720x480, if you need the height to be 304 you to add padding to the image in compressor.

Return to posts index

Hillary White
on May 15, 2010 at 10:20:44 pm

Man, I wish I could tell you why it's that size. It's all rather confusing. I'll pad the output image and when it stretches (hopefully) it will be the right size.

Return to posts index

Hillary White
on May 21, 2010 at 12:35:53 am

Padding worked! However, it seems that now the DVD files are too large (6.6 GB) to burn via Toast (the DVD has a 4.38 GB capacity). Whenever I try to add the files it says, "There is nothing to record. Please add more data." After some investigation the size of the .m2v file is the only thing I can think of as a problem.

The .m2v definitely works and runs through MPEG Streamclip. The .ac3 plays fine through VLC. What's going wrong now? I'm out of ideas. In fact, I don't think I can take one more thing going wrong with this.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]