(MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2,66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 10 GB
Bus Speed: 1,33 GHz)

whose are about 3 years old. I use Sony Ex3, and JVC GY-HM100E also Canon 5D Mark2. When I put it on time line I can play it but after applying single video filter /color correction for example/ it turns to red area and FCS ask for rendering. Even if I transcode to Apple Pro Res LT or change Real time settings to "unlimited" video on Canvas is very blurry and noisy. I have raid field with 2 disc inside of MacPro. I don't use any videoediting card like AJA Kona or Black Magic Design. Before I used SONY DVCAMs 250 and 170. At that time MacPro worked fine. Now it is imposible to work effectively. Also encoding times on Compressor are incredible long after upgrading from FCP 6 to FCP 7. Now I seriously consider shifting to Edius. I have instaled Windovs XP on the very same MacPro and after importing videofootage to Edius on the same MacPro realtime is OK even after applying 3-4 filters + change speed etc. System works much better then with FCS 3. BUT, I like FCS 3 and may be I do something wrong. Or my MacPro's are too old? Please share your experiences.
Thanks.
Mario

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: HD video - no realtime on FCS7 + extreme long encoding on Compressor
on May 14, 2010 at 12:51:55 pm

If you're getting great results in Edius, then use Edius.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on May 14, 2010 at 12:57:17 pm

Your questions have been asked and answered frequently on this forum.

Get yourself an hd capture card/io device and connect that to an HD monitor to see how your video looks. If your footage is truly blurry and noisy, then your shots are out of focus and you need to adjust the settings on your cameras.

Always edit HDV/Long GOP video using ProRes. Editing DV footage is not the same as editing Long Gop.

Hire a system integrator to set up your system correctly.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Mario Dobsovic
on May 15, 2010 at 7:55:08 pm

Steve, thank you for your quick answer. I'm going to try find some discusions about my questions on this forum. I'm new on HD. So do you thing if I buy hd capture card /please give me example which one/ even if I can't see picture on Canvas on computer monitor, I can see full quality preview on HD monitor via this card? It's surprising for me. And what is your opinion about my type of MacPro. Will it work with HD well? /2 video filters and slow motion applied on video track for exaple - will it be played real time on external HD monitor?/ It's not easy for me borrow video card for mac for testing , it is not so established in my country. And what about long rendering times. /after upgrade to FCP 7 form FCP 6 times are three times longer/. Is somewhere here any tutorial how to tune whole system for cutting HD on configuration like my ? Thank you.

Mark, I'm also photographer, everything is tuned for work on Macs, so it's not easy to jump to Edius and Windows as well. It is the last option. I'm just surprised that on the same system, without any extra hardware /video card/ Edius instaled on windows XP is 4 times stronger than native application FCS.

Mario

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]