FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL DVD from NTSC assets

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Pitt
PAL DVD from NTSC assets
on May 13, 2010 at 3:24:54 pm

I need to burn a PAL DVD from NTSC files. I know that this isn't the best idea, but it's my only option right now. I'm trying to run the videos through Compressor, but can't seem to get them to output to PAL. Do I have to export to PAL from final cut?

Brian

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: PAL DVD from NTSC assets
on May 13, 2010 at 4:54:45 pm

Export Quicktime Movie. (if you are working in DV NTSC timeline you might consider copy/pasting to a ProRes or Uncompressed 8bit timeline first to avoid DV codec artifacting).

Take that NTSC Quicktime into Compressor and select a PAL preset from Advanced Format Conversions. Do Not try to go directly to MPEG-2...go to ProRes or Uncompressed PAL. Turn on the Frame Controls and set the resize and rate conversion to Better or Best. Expect a long encoding time for this. This will give you a PAL file. Take that PAL and select an MPEG-2. DVD preset and encode your PAL asset for DVD.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: PAL DVD from NTSC assets
on May 13, 2010 at 4:55:41 pm

Export Quicktime Movie. (if you are working in DV NTSC timeline you might consider copy/pasting to a ProRes or Uncompressed 8bit timeline first to avoid DV codec artifacting).

Take that NTSC Quicktime into Compressor and select a PAL preset from Advanced Format Conversions. Do Not try to go directly to MPEG-2...go to ProRes or Uncompressed PAL. Turn on the Frame Controls and set the resize and rate conversion to Better or Best. Expect a long encoding time for this. This will give you a PAL file. Take that PAL Quicktime file and bring into Compessor again. Select an MPEG-2. DVD preset and encode your PAL asset for DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]