FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colour correcting in FCP – before or after Magic Bullet?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew David Clark
Colour correcting in FCP – before or after Magic Bullet?
on May 13, 2010 at 1:41:08 pm

I'm going to apply some magic bullet looks (grading) in FCP 6. Should I do this before or after I colour correct my footage (also in FCP)? By colour correct I mean getting my blacks and whites to broadcast standard.

If I do the blacks and whites first, will the looks I apply in MBullet mean I will have to go back and redo them again to broadcast spec?

Cheers,
Andrew

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Colour correcting in FCP – before or after Magic Bullet?
on May 13, 2010 at 4:06:50 pm

[Andrew David Clark] "By colour correct I mean getting my blacks and whites to broadcast standard. "

That isn't what color correct means, but...OK. No, that is the overall correcting of the image. GRADING is the term used when you just adjust the look.

You kind of do it at the same time. How can you adjust the black and white points without color correcting at the same time? It all should be done at once. That is part of achieving the look.

[Andrew David Clark] "If I do the blacks and whites first, will the looks I apply in MBullet mean I will have to go back and redo them again to broadcast spec? "

Why can't you do it at the same time? OH, because looks doesn't allow for external monitoring, so you can't REALLY tell? That's a problem. But yeah, I'd do it AFTER. Actually, I'd choose someting that allows me to do both at once, and see what I am doing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew David Clark
Re: Colour correcting in FCP – before or after Magic Bullet?
on May 13, 2010 at 4:26:04 pm

Thanks, Shane. I guess then I shall be flipping back and forth betwixt the three way colour corrector and Magic Bullet. Oh boy, I'm in for a zillion hours of work, lol!

Cheers mate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]