FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding video and audio seperatly to timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Whitmore
Adding video and audio seperatly to timeline
on May 13, 2010 at 7:28:57 am

Hi
brand new to final cut pro and loving it but have an extremely silly question to ask. After ingesting a clip with video and audio is there anyway to drag the clip onto the time line with just video?I have clips where I just want to use the video but it drags the audio across as well. Feel silly asking but in frustrating me a little.

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
Re: Adding video and audio seperatly to timeline
on May 13, 2010 at 5:02:18 pm

Hi Chris, don't drag your footage but rather load it into the viewer and patch the video and unpatch the audio in the timeline window (page 116 of the online manual). FYI there is a FCP basics forum here on the Cow where you'll find very helpful info since you're just getting started.

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Chris Whitmore
on May 16, 2010 at 11:04:53 pm

O my gosh that was too simple. Have followed the work flows through to end but its always a simple thing that stumps me. thank you for that!!!!
I will check the rest out thank you.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on May 13, 2010 at 6:24:35 pm

Chris, another helpful tip is if you do have a clip already in your timeline and only want the audio or video, hold down option and drag to select. For instance, if you only want the video clip, option drag to select the audio and delete. Your video clip will stay put. You can also unlink your audio and video if need be.

But Kim's method of unpatching he audio is best. Then you don't even get your audio in the timeline.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Chris Whitmore
on May 16, 2010 at 11:08:58 pm

thanks Matt, handy tip which will help speed things up. New to this website too and can only say that wished this was around when I started in television, 21 years ago!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]