FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio export from Soundtrack to Final Cut sync issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Donahue
Audio export from Soundtrack to Final Cut sync issues
on May 13, 2010 at 4:59:39 am

I've edited an hour long video in FCP and sent the audio as a multitrack project to STP, cleaned it up and exported it out as an AIFF File. I then place the AIFF audio file back into the FCP project but it is out of sync. The FCP project is 25 frames per second and I've made certain in STP in the Project Preferences setting to change the videos frames per second to 25. Yet, the AIFF file remains out of sync. Is there anything else I can do to insure that the audio file when exported out of STP remains in sync with the original FCP video?

I am using Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2 and FCP 6.0.6. Thanks in advance.

Paul Donahue
Media Eye
http://www.mediaeyemedia.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Audio export from Soundtrack to Final Cut sync issues
on May 16, 2010 at 6:47:48 pm

This is usually a function of mismatched sample rates. Pro video sample rate is 48kHz while CD audio is 44.1kHz. I always suggest using 48kHz for video, but 44.1 will work. But, it's important that both rates match.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]