FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV start/sop detection problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
DV start/sop detection problem
on May 12, 2010 at 10:59:02 am

Hi,
Could not find a subject totally related to this exact issue. I have always used the DV start/stop detection with no problem. However, when I can click on a reel to put it in the viewer, I can see all the start stop detect flags. But when I click the reel in the browser to see all the detections, they are not all showing up (they stop around halfway or so). This has only happened on two reels within the same project. Those reels have around 45 dv start/stops when in the viewer... but only about half of them show up in the browser.

Is this a timecode problem? I'm on FCP 6.06, and I shot this on a Canon GL2.

Thanks to all!

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: DV start/sop detection problem
on May 12, 2010 at 11:32:54 am

This sounds like a display problem in the browser. Make a new bin. Put the clip in the bin. Open the bin, make it big, and twirl open the disclosure triangle. Do you see more of them?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
Re: DV start/sop detection problem
on May 12, 2010 at 12:09:52 pm

Hey Tom, that was it! That fixed it!
I can now see them all and am naming the rest of the start/stops.

Gee, I wonder what would cause the browser to do this?

"off to editland now"

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer.

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

julia giraudo
Re: DV start/sop detection problem with sony
on Jun 1, 2010 at 5:04:54 am

Hi, I have a Sony DCR_ VX 2100E and final cut pro 5.0.4
we import the movie but we can't go to start-stop detect so we need to work on big long segment
When we try this message appears :
''This movie do not have any breaks in the time/date information
no markers were added ''

if we segment manually it's difficult and long because we need to render every time we move a segment .
What can i do ??
thanks for your help

julia

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jun 1, 2010 at 10:25:41 am

This happens when the clock is not set in the camera. Without the date/time stamp Final Cut can't detected the start/stop of the shots.

You can add the markers manually at the shot changes and then break the marked segments into subclips.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

julia giraudo
on Jun 5, 2010 at 3:02:55 am

Dear Tom,
Thanks for the time setting clock you was right

I have an other problem I wish you can help me again ...
With Final cut pro 5.0.4 and camera HDR-HC9 1080i/mini DV
When i try to log and capture a windows appears and it says
'' Unable to initialize video deck You may still log offline clips or use capture now""
I try to capture now but nothng appears
we use final cut pro every week and it's the first time that i see this windows- our setting are alaways the same ...
What can I do ??
thanks for your help
julia

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 5, 2010 at 3:50:59 am

Sorry Julia, but you are out of luck. HDV had not come to market way back when FCP 5.0.4 was the current version, so of course, it cannot recognize that tape and there's nothing you can do to change that short of upgrading to FCP version 6.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Umut Sakallioglu
on Oct 20, 2010 at 3:55:38 pm

Hello everyone,

i was wondering if the same thing goes with a vtr like a camera's clock; i got some telecined to digibeta then to dv footage (no log files) . so i am trying to create sub-clips for audio sync. but my fcp 7 gives the same error message about the camera clock.

i wonder if something can be done...

thank you.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 20, 2010 at 5:13:39 pm

You have to add the markers manually and convert them to subclips. No start/stop detect without the clock.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]