FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red ONe TransCodeding. FCP. Finder Crashing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Red ONe TransCodeding. FCP. Finder Crashing
on May 12, 2010 at 2:29:16 am

Hey Guys,
I need help badly, I picked up very high end clients who recently shot on the red one, They brought me the hard drive with all the R3D files on it, now this is my first time working with RED footage that has not been transcoded to Pro Ress , So I read up on what I needed to do.
Step 1
I went to the Red One Support Website and Downloading all drivers, plug-ins and Software that I needed

Step 2
I watched and read tutorials on how to transcode R3D files using redrushes and FCP Log and Transfer

SO I felt I was ready for whatever came my way today!

Well the 2 clients came over and handed me the drive, I open Red Rushes and Follow the directiosn via what I read online, the Clips stop transcodeding at 10% and Red Rushes Stops responding, then I go to force quit and Finder isn’t responding, I force quit and Re launch but finder never boots back up, I manually shut the 8-Core down by pressing the power button. This next time I try FCP Log and transfer, the program freezes the second I click open the Import folder button. And then Finder crashes yet again. In turn everything started crashing and freezing, again and again restart after restart, and the “high End” clients were watching me act like a idiot trying to get this to work. What the Hell is happening?!?! Can anyone help me please.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Red ONe TransCodeding. FCP. Finder Crashing
on May 12, 2010 at 10:23:04 am

Hi Greg,

Sounds like corrupt files to me, and probably not yours or your system's fault. Can you give some more information on the set up your using? Version of FCP, amount of RAM installed, where the files are stored, what camera build were the files shot on and what resolution etc.

Can you load any or all of the proxy files into FCP at all?

You might want to take a look at this thread for some possible answers.

REDrushes isn't a particularly nice piece of software for transcoding. Have a look at Clipfinder (there is a free version which in your case does everything you need).

All the best,
Alex Elkins

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]