FORUMS: list search recent posts

Move Media 100 Files to Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam bagni
Move Media 100 Files to Final Cut
on May 10, 2010 at 10:59:19 pm

Hey guys... I just went though a major upgrade... from Media 100 8.2.3 to Final Cut Pro 7.0.2.

What's the easiest way to move all the files in my bin from Media 100 to Final Cut?

Please lay it out for me step-by-step, as I'm a bit of a novice.

Thanks so much for the help!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Move Media 100 Files to Final Cut
on May 11, 2010 at 2:28:03 pm

Choose file/import/files (or folder) and import them into an FCP project. They may or may not work actually if they use a proprietary codec... if you can open them in QuickTime, any wierdness can be fixed so they DO work in FCP.

Welcome BTW to FCP Land..

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 11, 2010 at 3:26:15 pm

[adam bagni] "What's the easiest way to move all the files in my bin from Media 100 to Final Cut? "

Wow, the last time I touched a Media 100 was version 6. But I do recall that it could export EDLs of various sorts. Perhaps now it'll even create XMLs, too.

I recommend a test, using a single project: export every blessed kind of file you can from M100 that reflects the edit timeline. See if any of the exported files work in FCP. If you stumble upon a combination or two that work, you're in business: you can compare precisely what came through (ins-outs, transitions, graphics, bins, etc.

Then there's the issue of that hardware-only M100 codec.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Simon
on Mar 11, 2011 at 4:23:29 pm

Hi all:
I just moved into Final Cut (finally) from the latest version of Media 100 suite (10.6). Brought a timeline over from M100 for the first time (exported the XML) and I'm seeing a pretty severe color shift in the media...most of the scenes are somewhat "washed-out" looking compared to how they looked in M100. I have a high-end HD monitor that is setup correctly. Any experience with this?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Simon
on Mar 11, 2011 at 4:48:24 pm

Hi all:
I just moved into Final Cut (finally) from media 100 suite. Brought a timeline over from M100 and notice a pretty severe color shift in the media...most of the scenes are somewhat "washed-out" looking. I have a high-end HD monitor that is setup correctly. Any experience with this?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]