FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVC Pro in final cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Dawkins
DVC Pro in final cut
on May 8, 2010 at 10:35:06 am

Hey Guys,

I am working with DVC pro for the first time and have used log and capture to capture all my clips, sorted them out yadda yadda.

Now when i insert them into the time line, they all need serious rendering every time and i cannot get away from this as it will take ages to even edit my sequence.

Basically every time i insert a clip into the timeline the red rendering line comes up and i will have to render every single shot.

Is there anyway around this? I am using a mac pro
Dual 2 ghz and 3gb ddr sdram

Please help!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: DVC Pro in final cut
on May 8, 2010 at 1:55:44 pm

Make sure your capture settings and your sequence settings match. Use Easy Setup.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Scott Dawkins
on May 8, 2010 at 10:05:29 pm

I have checked my settings and i have both exactly the same.

Is there a way of down converting the footage then re-link my footage at the end?

My footage is dvc pro but compressor settings are dvc pro hd 1080i

the sequence settings compressing it to dvc pro pal.

Should have i captured at dvc pro pal first? As the footage is not hd anyway. Im completely new to this.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on May 9, 2010 at 12:53:57 am

Ok. So here's what you do.

Make a new sequence & open it. Before you insert any clips in this new timeline go to sequence settings under sequence tab.

Now match the sequence settings to your clip settings. This should solve all your rendering issues.

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 9, 2010 at 1:37:08 am

DVCPRO and DVCPRO HD are two different formats.

Use the DVCPRO PAL Easy Setup, if thats what your footage is.

Return to posts index

Scott Gallaher
on May 24, 2010 at 6:17:32 am

I had the same problem when editing from a P2 card. I traced it down to the dvcpro 720 30p codec gets deleted from my hard drive after getting one of the final cut pro updates (not sure which one). Not sure how to resolve this other than formatting and reinstalling without doing any updates. Of course then all the projects you edited in final cut (updated version) will not open without the update.

I have tried downloading stuff from Panasonic and Apples coded compatibility and it does not work. the lip sync is way off. The original FCP disks have the codec and you can manually install them and then they disappear within a day or two????

Fun!

Good luck,

If anyone knows how to fix my problem, i would love to hear from you.

kind regards,

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]