FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 codec issue for client with QT PRO 7 for PC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen Fischer
FCP7 codec issue for client with QT PRO 7 for PC
on May 7, 2010 at 5:49:43 pm

Just for full disclosure I have this posted in the apple support forum as well, but have realized this is a better forum for professional editors (I do not consider myself a professional editor, hence I ask your advice)

I re-edited a FCP 7 project for someone. The sequence settings are: 1440x1080 HD (1440x1080( (16:9) and the compressor is HDV 1080i60

He's going to drop it into premier on his side on a PC. I exported it two different ways. Once with this codec: Linear PCM, MPEG-2 Video and another time with: Linear PCM, H.264

He has purchased and installed quicktime pro 7 for PC plus the MPEG 2 plug-in but he can only get audio on his side through quicktime.

In the project they delivered me:

The .mov green screen footage is: 1440x1080 HDV 1080i60 and the PNG files are 1920 x1080 PNG

but there is one motion back that is 1440x1080 but is using the "animation" codec.

Besides rendering (because of the different codecs), could this be an issue? I've exported the entire file with the animation codec as well but it's 8 gigs and of course the client needs it NOW (as always) so I cant send it through yousendit or something like that.

he can see the h264 and the mpeg2 exports ive done on his mac but only the audio on his pc that is running quicktime pro7 for PC. I've pretty much figured that the reason he wants it on the pc is because he's familiar with Premiere and there is some other work that needs to be done to reformat this to 720x480 4:3 for cable TV broadcast but wants to do it on hi send instead of paying me to do it. So... with the above info, do you have any further advice?

EDIT TO POST: In case I confused anyone, the client is going to further edit in Premiere. I re-edited the FCP7 project file they gave me in FCP7 as well.

steve fischer
rookie editor

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: FCP7 codec issue for client with QT PRO 7 for PC
on May 8, 2010 at 11:36:45 am

A lot depends on which version of Premiere Pro your client is using. Premiere Pro can play back ProRes but we don't have any presets made for it. However, the user can make his own by going to a 'desktop' edit mode inside of Premiere Pro.

If he can't play back ProRes with QT Pro 7 (latest version), I'm not sure what's the problem. There is a ProRes codecs pack that you can download, but my understanding is that it is already included in later versions of QT.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]