FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Titles From AE in FCP as a Clean Overlay

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Putman
Using Titles From AE in FCP as a Clean Overlay
on May 6, 2010 at 6:13:32 pm

I have made some simple name titles for a for a corporate video in After Effects.
I then exported them via the Render Queue as using the "best" settings to maintain the highest possible quality.
When I drop these titles into Final Cut Pro the background is black (not transparent as I would like), so I have to mess with the composite modes in FCP to get the titles to appear over my footage, but when I do that, the end result is not accurate to the original compiste from After Effects and the colors shift and things just get generally out of whack.
The fact that we have to use different composite modes in FCP works for the time being for me, but the final version of this project should be accurate to what is being exported from AE.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Using Titles From AE in FCP as a Clean Overlay
on May 6, 2010 at 6:25:16 pm

You have to export using the Animation codec - Millions of colors+, which carries an alpha channel.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Brett Putman
on May 6, 2010 at 6:50:36 pm

ya, I did that and still no go.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 6, 2010 at 7:04:40 pm

So go over to the After Effects forum, where you'll find the information you need: specifically the difference between Straight and Premultiplied alpha channels.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alex Tanin
Re: Using Titles in FCP em grawl
on May 6, 2010 at 11:22:08 pm

Editei um vídeo que tem gcs passando na parte inferior do video (grawl), mais quando passo para dvd (dvdstudio pro e outros), o gc grawlfica batendo como se fosse interpolação de field????, tentei upper field (nativo da captura (hvx170),loewr field sem resultado algum,gostaria de saber se alguém tem uma solução para esse meu problema..
Desde já agradeço e aguardo resposta.

Alex Tanin

Return to posts index

William Miller
on May 6, 2010 at 9:07:59 pm

Brett I'll tell you what has happened to me and that is I set up the titles with a background to see how it looks and I've forgotten to turn the eyeball off before rendering. Even if you render with an alpha if you have a background then the background shows.

Jon Miller
404-216-6021
wjonm2002@yahoo.com
http://jonmiller.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]