FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphic rendering, timeline rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon Lloyd
Graphic rendering, timeline rendering
on May 5, 2010 at 11:15:02 pm

Here's an issue I'm sure some of you experts might have run across - I would really value your feedback. I am running FCP 6.0.6

Issue #1

When I import a file into my browser and put it in the timeline (I am prompted if I want to change my sequence settings to match the clip, and I say "yes"), I still have to render it. The file is a self-contained Quicktime Pro file I created from a previous project. Settings on the clip all match the sequence settings as expected, with one exception; on the clip, the "compressor" setting is blank (I don't know if that is the issue). Compressor setting on the sequence is DV/DVCPRO - NTSC. The render time for this large 1 1/2 hour clip is two hours and I would like to avoid this.

Issue #2

One of my graphics is a PowerPoint file that I convert into an .mov file in my Mac Powerpoint, then import into my browser. The file is 30 fps, 640 x 480, square pixel, field dominance none, alpha none, composite normal. My sequence settings are 1280 x 720, HDTV 720P 16:9, square pixel, field dominance none, compressor DV/DVCPRO - NTSC. The sequence timeline is mixed media, and those settings match the dominant clips in the sequence. The graphics look fine when the playhead is over the clip, but are blurry/unreadable when it is playing (after rendering, of course). Now, here's the thing: damned if I can remember anything about render settings, I learned it long ago and have forgotten it. That little drop down box on the timeline that says RT just displays "play base layer only" when I click it, it doesn't say Unlimited RT or anything like I seem to remember. Hmm.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Graphic rendering, timeline rendering
on May 6, 2010 at 7:17:13 pm

Is the powerpoint export file in question 2 the same file you're referring to in Question 1?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]