FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I delete files from the browser window, why don't I have more space on my hard drive?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Boone
When I delete files from the browser window, why don't I have more space on my hard drive?
on May 5, 2010 at 11:08:17 pm

I generally import all my clips from my camcorder and then go through them in the browser window and delete the ones I don't like. I'm trying to gain space on my hard drive by deleting clips I don't want but when I do, my hard drive size stays the same.

Are these clips still on my computer? How do I get rid of them other than going through capture scratch and watching the clips one by one?

Return to posts index

Phillip Van West
Re: When I delete files from the browser window, why don't I have more space on my hard drive?
on May 6, 2010 at 3:30:32 am

Deleting files from the browser window does only that. The files are still on your hard drive, in whatever folder you captured them to. So yes, you'll have to manually delete them to free up disk space.

pvw

Phil Van West
Terra Nova Productions
Denver, CO
Video Production/Post-Production

Mac Pro 8-core 2.66GHz / 16GB RAM / OS 10.6.3 / FCP 7.0.2 / QT 7.6

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: When I delete files from the browser window, why don't I have more space on my hard drive?
on May 6, 2010 at 3:46:13 am

Right (or control) click on the clip and select "Make Offline". Select "delete from disk" from the option dialog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]