FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codec not found

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Wignall
Codec not found
on May 4, 2010 at 7:20:44 pm

I am on a iMac G5 running Tiger and FCP 6. I have been editing HDV video for years with the same system and have had no problems. Now when I open FCP it comes up with a message that says, "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card." When I click OK another message comes up, "Error: Out of Memory".

I have trashed the Prefs, updated the software, I have 78 of the 148 gigs available, and I have a gig of memory. What has caused all of this, . . . anyone?

Your help is very much appreciated. As usual I am under a deadline.

Brian

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Codec not found
on May 4, 2010 at 9:20:36 pm

Go to:

System Drive > Library > Quicktime and make sure the HDV codec is in there. I think the file should be named: AppleHDVCodec.component

A few months ago, a bunch of my codecs disappeared on me for no apparent reason, and my only solution was to reinstall FCS.

I'm going off my experience, someone else may have another solution.

I'm not sure how to fix the Out Of Memory error though. I've gotten that once even though I have 12GB of RAM, but restarting my computer solved that issue.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 4, 2010 at 9:46:45 pm

You only have 1 GB RAM? That's the main culprit as I see it.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Brian Wignall
on May 6, 2010 at 12:36:46 am

Rob,

Thank you for your help. I tried all of the downloads for Quicktime and none of them worked. I reinstalled FCP and it works fine.

Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]