FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow: Canon to FCP 5.0.4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Lunn
Workflow: Canon to FCP 5.0.4
on May 4, 2010 at 5:06:19 pm

Posted this question over at the Canon forum- no answer.

I am looking into working with a Canon D7 to shoot a short in native 24fps 1920 x 1080 and as I understand it, Canon exports H.264 which has to be converted into prores422 via compressor before being imported to FCP.

However, for a few reasons, I am stuck in FCP 5.0.4 until I can afford an upgrade, in a few months (and after I have a big feature project finished).

Question: could I import the H.264 using someone else's FCS2's prores422 and perhaps exporting as QT files via FCP or even compressor, that I could then import into my FCP 5.0.4?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Workflow: Canon to FCP 5.0.4
on May 4, 2010 at 5:35:10 pm

Transcode the .h264 to DVCProHD using MPEG Streamclip and edit away. DVCProHD is your only good HD solution. BTW, when transcoding, make certain to set the audio at 48khz for the transcoded video, otherwise you will have a bad editing experience.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Arthur Lunn
on May 4, 2010 at 6:36:06 pm

Thanks David.

I will be importing sound separately, as it will be recorded independently as was advised for shooting with the D7.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 4, 2010 at 10:36:40 pm

I presume you mean the Canon 7D DSLR. If so it records at 48khz.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]