FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to Capture HDV footage...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter Comerford
Unable to Capture HDV footage...
on May 2, 2010 at 3:43:17 am

I'm trying to capture footage from a Canon XH A1 using Sony HDV/DV tapes onto Final Cut Pro and all I keep getting when I go to Log and Capture is "Device is not connected or the capture preset is not set up correctly. I've captures plenty of footage in the past with no problem, but ever since I changed the EASY SETUP settings to NTCS to capture footage from a simple MiniDV standard definition camera I've been unable to upload HD footage. Naturally I've changed the "Easy Setup" and "Audio/Video" settings back to HD and HDV 1080i60, but every time I get "Unable to locate the following external devices: HDV 60i". I've literally tried every single Easy Setup and Capture preset settings for the hell of it but I get the same thing. It would seem as though my Firewire cable isn't hooked up or working properly but I know it is, because when I change the settings back to NTCS I can capture the footage fine, it's just not in HD like it's supposed to be. I know that it should be in HD because all of my older footage was and it was filmed using the exact same camera and tapes. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Unable to Capture HDV footage...
on May 2, 2010 at 4:31:20 am

\The deck or camera you capture from has to be setup to playback HDV. It can be set to downconvert to DV.

Make sure it is set to HDV, play a tape to make sure it is HDV and then try connecting and restarting FCP.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Unable to Capture HDV footage...
on May 2, 2010 at 2:55:31 pm

After you switch the Easy Setup to HDV, try selecting View menu > External Video > Refresh A/V Devices, or unplug and then replug the FW cable from your HDV deck into your Mac.

Best
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]