FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP video import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Lakshinsky
FCP video import
on Apr 30, 2010 at 9:16:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to FCP and I have already watched several tutorials on FCP but still couldn't find anything on importing video files to FCP and setting up for different video formats. I have used camera Canon 5d mark 2 to record a music video for low budget artist, it was my first experience and eventually on the outcome the video was so bad in quality, that it didn't want to take on tv, and even more, I couln't record it on to a DVD in DVD Studio Pro, because the converter had converted it very bad on 7.1 b. I really need a professional help, because here in Russia, not many people use FCP and I like to use mac and FCP seems to me pretty understandable, but the only thing which concernes me is: What set up should I work in making MUSIC VIDEO to TV? This is real struggle for me, maybe I'm a dumb ass, but I can't work this out without professional help.
Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Shane Ross
Re: FCP video import
on Apr 30, 2010 at 10:48:19 pm

Start here:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflo...

But with the Canon DSLRs, you need to install the Canon plugin, so that you can then use Log and Transfer to import the footage (something laid out in those workflows...look at the one for P2 for an example).

Here's the plugin, plus tips on using it:

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/ssimmons/story/canon_releases_a_dslr...

Main thing is to back up the card, the full card...the entire card structure, to a hard drive that is separate from your system, and separate from your media drive. Then use LOG AND TRANSFER to import the footage to a workable format (ProRes) to your Capture Scratch drive.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ivan Lakshinsky
Re: FCP video import
on May 1, 2010 at 7:39:11 am

Thanks, I hope that will help, but does it matter what format you working in FCP for TV format, our format in Russia is PAL? Because if I work in HD, then after the compression to SD, quality changes to very low. What is the best set up in FCP which will allow to export to a decent TV qualty?

Thanks

JJRIGO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]