FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip gets dark durring playback, but lightens up when stopped

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Baldwin
Clip gets dark durring playback, but lightens up when stopped
on Apr 28, 2010 at 7:17:16 pm

When I play the clip in the timeline the video gets dark for the duration of the playback, and as soon as I stop the clip, it lightens back up to the original brightness. Can someone help me out and explain what is going on so I can fix it? When I adjust the color and get it just right, I click play and everything is different.

Thank you for your help.

Luke

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Clip gets dark durring playback, but lightens up when stopped
on Apr 28, 2010 at 7:26:49 pm

Dark/light. Blurry/clear. Same concept.

#2 Blurry Playback

Shane's Stock Answer #2: Blurry/Low Quality playback

ONLY JUDGE THE QUALITY OF YOUR MATERIAL ON AN EXTERNAL BROADCAST MONITOR, OR AT LEAST A TV.

The Canvas shows you what happens after the codec you are working with has been applied. The Viewer shows you the material in its native format. Once you drop the footage from the Viewer into the timeline, it inherits the attributes of the sequence. If it is a DV sequence, the footage will render out as DV.

1. Disable overlays on the Canvas.

2. Make sure you've rendered everything (no green bars at the top of the timeline).

Video playback requires large amounts of data and many computations. In order to maintain frame rate and be viewable at a normal size, only about one-fourth of the DV data is used in displaying the movie to the screen. However, the DV footage is still at full quality, and is best viewed thru a TV or broadcast monitor routed thru your camera or deck.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Clip gets dark durring playback, but lightens up when stopped
on Apr 28, 2010 at 11:28:11 pm

You can also switch to Safe RT > Full Frame Rate > High Quality if you don't like that. Warning, it will take faster drives to play it back that way.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]