FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Levels odd when laying off to DVW a500

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlton Walls
Audio Levels odd when laying off to DVW a500
on Apr 27, 2010 at 8:38:56 am

Hi,

i am having a couple of issues when laying off FCP projects to a Sony DVW A500 digibeta machine (SDI via AJA Kona 2) - basically, the Audio being laid down seems to be about 6bd louder than is being output.

I am generating Bars and Tone from the Edit to Tape Mastering settings window at -12, and when I preview, they come up at a healthy -12 on the Audio Monitor, yet when I perform the edit to lay off the project, they show as -6 or so.

Also, the audio from the sequence timeline goes down a good 6db louder than is showing in the FCP master audio monitoring panel.

It's probably a simple setting somewhere and I'm being a bit dim about it, but broadcasters are waiting and i just cant seem to sort it out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carlton

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Audio Levels odd when laying off to DVW a500
on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:23:05 pm

Post more about your system. How are you connecting the deck? Is there a mixer involved? have you adjusted the audio level inputs to the deck properly etc?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:47:17 pm

Pull out the record level pot on the front of the deck. Adjust the audio where you want/lay off that section/adjust for next section/etc.

Most of us are using -20 for the tone at the head of DigiBeta tapes. Just make sure it's stated on the bars or slate.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 27, 2010 at 2:10:18 pm

If you are outputting 4 channels, make sure you are using the proper audio output preset and make sure the downmix is turned on...otherwise it will be too loud, by about the amount you stated

Return to posts index

Carlton Walls
on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:58:11 pm

deck is connected via SDI through AJA kona 2, no mixer, auio via sdi too. Sequences have all audio mixed down to 2 channels (sometimes with 3/4 running split audio.

probably not with the audio level inputs - the embeded audio usually comes out ok, 2 or 4 tracks...

4 x power pc 2.5 ghz, 12gb ram, Aja Kona 2 LHe, DVWa500, sometimes an A2000, always SDI conencted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]