FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text plug ins

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Perkerwicz
Text plug ins
on Apr 27, 2010 at 6:19:20 am

I am looking for recommendations for the most efficient method of doing a lot of text that ends up in a Final Cut timeline.
I have 8 hour long shows to add about 50 graphics and titles to each show. A lot of the text needs to be different fonts, sizes and colors with a some of them needing full screens of text. Most of the design work begins in After Effects for the animated backgrounds, but making 400 renders (8 shows times 50 graphics) is not efficient.
I have used LiveType for shows like this in the past, and the workflow was pretty decent. I am using a new MacPro running Snow Leopard, so I have looked for solutions other than LiveType. So far I have been making templates in Motion, which works slick in some instances. Boris Title 3D has been used also, but is cumbersome. Most of the text is used on top of the AFX created backgrounds. A while back I seen a product that, I think was a standalone product that made the creation of multiple text pages easy. I thought it was made by DV Garage, but I can't seem to find info on the product.
So.... any suggestions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Text plug ins
on Apr 27, 2010 at 1:02:15 pm

I've never used it, but there's MoType.

http://www.yanobox.com/Motype_Features/

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Apr 27, 2010 at 2:12:07 pm

I've not used AutoMotion, but perhaps it'd help.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Bob Perkerwicz
on Apr 27, 2010 at 4:12:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. AutoMotion sounds promising, I am looking into it now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]