FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export for dvd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Williams
Export for dvd
on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:43:36 pm

need help. I sent a file from final cut to compressor and used the dvd best settings. The output resolution size needs to be 1280x800 for a screen. When I submit it and get the m2v file, it looks good when I open it up in MPEG. When I send it to Toast to burn, the quality is not near as good. and the colors do not match. Any ideas ? This is for a church that is going to play this dvd for their video venue and the quality needs to be good.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export for dvd
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:00:38 pm

The DVD settings in Compressor are for STANDARD-DEFINITION DVD's, which are 720x480. All authored DVD's are 720x480, every single one of 'em.

You want something in 1280x800, which is a really weird resolution for FCP; the closest it can come is 1280x720. However, that implies authoring a Blu-Ray disc.

Did you shoot HD video? If not, you're going to have a tough time getting your video to look good at the resolution of a DVD.

I'd double-check your delivery requirements and see what you're required to give them.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brad Williams
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:27:53 pm

Yes, it was shot in HD 720p. They have a 7x13 screen and the installer told me it was 1280x800 resolution.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:33:40 pm

So it sounds like you need to deliver a Blu-Ray disk. Can they play back Blu-Ray? Have you checked? Have they told you what they want, or are you just guessing at it?

You have to talk to the ultimate user of your work to get things straightened out. We won't be of much help if you don't know what you're required to deliver.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Brad Williams
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:45:08 pm

They cannot play back blu-ray for sure. I am not guessing, they have been using a Sony DV cam tape done in SD that was printed to video from Final Cut. If they had a Mac, I could have them play the video straight out of Final Cut to the screen.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:59:26 pm

Wasn't certain if this was a resolution problem or a color problem. To author the DVD, you could sidestep Toast altogether and use DVD Studio Pro, you know.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]