FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and transfer not detecting devices

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Weaver
Log and transfer not detecting devices
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:21:52 am

Hi all,

My log and transfer facility seems to have stopped detecting attached devices. First noticed the problem reading the SXS card from my EX3 in the on board card reader on my MacBook Pro, (XDCAM Transfer works fine, btw).

Then tested my home use Sony Camcorder (AVCHD), which always used to populate the list instantly. This time, I was just about to give up waiting after about 5 minutes when the clips appeared.

Finally, I've just bought a Canon EOS 550D and log and transfer doesn't detect it at all. My MacPro doesn't mount it either, although the bundled software does pick it up and can import the clips.

(With the 550D, I have downloaded the L+T plug-in from Canon and adapted it for the 550D).

Any takers?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
Re: Log and transfer not detecting devices
on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:57:31 pm

I had a similar problem once with FCP's Log and Transfer. I never really worked out why but I found that it was only when I was plugged into a network. As soon as the network cable was unplugged, the cards appeared. Weird.

I haven't noticed this problem recently. I'm not sure if it was upgrading Sony's plug-in that made it go away or the upgrade to FCP 7.0.2. You didn't mention what version you are using.

Anyway, if you are plugged into to a network, try disconnecting the LAN cable and see if that fixes it. I can't think of anything else off-hand.

HTH

Return to posts index

Neil Weaver
Re: Log and transfer not detecting devices
on Apr 26, 2010 at 10:09:54 pm

Running whatever's the latest version of 6 - is it 6.0.4 or something?

Haven't upgraded to the latest FCStudio as yet which may also resolve it. Could also be a Snow Leopard issue as I've had several others...

Will try your network fix and see if that works.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]