FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Final Cut XML to FileMaker

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey Daoud
Import Final Cut XML to FileMaker
on Apr 24, 2010 at 12:34:55 pm

I'm trying to import a Final Cut XML file into FileMaker Pro. I'm trying to get a shot database going for a documentary, and I wanted a starting point with clip names, duration, and already inputed descriptions so I could add on to that. I know there's also a way to import frames for each clip.

I know you need to assign an XSL file when importing the XML, so it knows what to do with the data.

Does anyone have any sample XSL files to use, or know where to get them? Tutorials?

Thanks for any help you may have!

Return to posts index

kevin cates
Re: Import Final Cut XML to FileMaker
on May 9, 2010 at 11:53:03 pm

Hello,
I'm looking for the same help.

I've read Sean Cullen's article in Editor's Guild: https://www.editorsguild.com/Magazine.cfm?ArticleID=687

and I've downloaded the files from Kevin Baily's site.

And I've searched the web, FCP and FMP manuals for days and I have not found a tutorial or demo on how to use the files. I'm managed to export files from FMP to FCP, but I haven't been able to import an XML into FMP using either of Kevin Baily's XSL files. And I don't want to learn XSLT programming if I just need to know a few steps.

I have already captured years of stock footage I want to catalog for a few upcoming projects.

Thanks for any help!

Kevin

Kevin Cates
Kevin Cates Productions

Return to posts index

Joey Daoud
Re: Import Final Cut XML to FileMaker
on May 10, 2010 at 2:29:23 am

Hey Kevin,

I actually emailed the other Kevin and got a really useful response. He said the XML export (and the files he had on his site) are for exporting sequences. To put all the clips in your bin into FileMaker to manage them, export them as a Batch List. That exports everything as a simple tab delimitated file. Then import that into FMP, no XSLT required. It'll have all the data that's in the the different columns (description, log note, start time, end time, etc.) in the order that you have it arranged in FCP.

I did this and it worked great. You can also re-export it from FMP and send the info back to FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]