FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCE Audio Filter Fix?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Koletar
FCE Audio Filter Fix?
on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:51:16 pm

I help out my school, and we recently had a performance with 3 different ensembles performing, anyways, we recorded video and audio. Our audio is crap. I posted a link below to the file, but is there a Final Cut Express (I didn't see forums for express, sorry) Audio Filter fix for this? Or is this a live and learn situation not to put phantoms too close to singers?

http://drop.io/kkjdfjo/asset/jumpjiveand-wail-mp3

- Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCE Audio Filter Fix?
on Apr 22, 2010 at 2:53:27 pm

There's not much you can do. The audio is distorted. In the future test you audio workflow during a rehearsal. Unless you listen to playback from your camera or deck, you may miss distortion. The audio may sound fine monitoring your mixer, but the camera could be distorting the sound and you wouldn't know.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
Re: FCE Audio Filter Fix?
on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:09:14 pm

+1

that audio is absolutely FUBAR. We're in FBI forensic audio territory here.

Everything John said is A1 advice. It's not always practical or possible to fully test the signal flow with the complete set of performers, so always leave quite a bit of headroom. And check your gear during the event. There had to be red lights flashing somewhere to produce that audio. Action at that moment would've salvaged at least part of the thing.

That's what school is for. On an important paid gig, you would be sweating quite profusely right now.

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]