FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixelation post-capture on FCP 5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lia Gaitan
Pixelation post-capture on FCP 5
on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:04:02 am

So to get to the point... I've tried capturing on FCP with all different capture settings possible and the footage looks GREAT on camera but the footage that's captured on the computer looks real bad and the color and image is sorta pixelated at first I thought my computer was breaking but turns out it's not... Any ideas anyone? The footage was shot on a
Sony and I'm using my Canon as playback, however that isn't what's causing the mess up, it's getting it on to a computer... It's not HD, it's Standard Mini-DV footage, I've questioned tape quality but if that was the case then the playback just on the camera would look crappy... I feel like a sitting duck and I need to get this project done... Thanks for taking time in reading this guys!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Pixelation post-capture on FCP 5
on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:23:39 pm

#2 Blurry Playback

Shane's Stock Answer #2: Blurry/Low Quality playback

ONLY JUDGE THE QUALITY OF YOUR MATERIAL ON AN EXTERNAL BROADCAST MONITOR, OR AT LEAST A TV.

The Canvas shows you what happens after the codec you are working with has been applied. The Viewer shows you the material in its native format. Once you drop the footage from the Viewer into the timeline, it inherits the attributes of the sequence. If it is a DV sequence, the footage will render out as DV.

1. Disable overlays on the Canvas.

2. Make sure you've rendered everything (no green bars at the top of the timeline).

Video playback requires large amounts of data and many computations. In order to maintain frame rate and be viewable at a normal size, only about one-fourth of the DV data is used in displaying the movie to the screen. However, the DV footage is still at full quality, and is best viewed thru a TV or broadcast monitor routed thru your camera or deck.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]